Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is a critical part of California’s Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF). It is a three-year, district-level plan that is updated annually. The plan describes the school district’s key goals for students as well as the specific actions (with expenditures) the district will take to achieve the goals and the means (metrics) used to measure progress.
The LCAP addresses the needs of all students, including specific student groups, and all districts must specifically address English learners, foster youth, and low-income students. In addition, the LCAP must address the state of California's eight priority areas that include student academic achievement, school climate, student access to a broad curriculum, and parent engagement. It is aligned with the goals of the District's Strategic Plan.
Thank you to the many parents, staff, and community partners who participated over the last few months in our LCAP Engagements. Your feedback on our current strategies and suggestions going forward have proved invaluable to efforts to improve our LCAP work!
Board Approved 2021-2022 Local Control Accountability Plan
Approved 2021-2022 Local Control Accountability Plan:
- View SMFCSD 2021-22 LCAP Updated 9-16-21 - English
- View SMFCSD 2021-22 LCAP Updated 9-16-21 - Spanish
The District engaged stakeholders in several meetings and surveys to get feedback that informed the 2021-22 LCAP. The follow documents provide details of that feedback:
- SMFCSD LCFF Local Indicators 2020-21
- Edits - Additions to SMFCSD 2021-22 LCAP -- June 10, 2021, Informational Draft
- Family LCAP Feedback Meeting in Spanish -- May 4, 2021
- Family LCAP Feedback Meeting in English -- Group 1, May 5, 2021
- Family LCAP Feedback Meeting in English -- Group 2, May 5, 2021