SMFCSD Strategic Plan 2022 - 2027
SMFCSD 5 year Strategic Plan
The San Mateo-Foster City School District is working to establish a strategic plan that will result in the establishment of a five (5) year road map. This strategic plan will encompass the focus and work of the district.
The strategic plan is currently being developed by a broad-based committee tasked with evaluating the district's vision/mission, greatest strengths, and greatest areas of need. This committee is comprised of a diverse group of stakeholders including students, parents, teachers, classified staff, administrators, community members, and partner organizations.
The strategic plan process has completed the convening for five meetings that took place over a 4-hour time frame. The result of the series of committee meetings produced a December report to the Board of Trustees that identified any recommended future goals, changes to the district mission/vision; as well as the identification of the greatest strengths and greatest areas of need. These strategic meeting presentations can be found below.
Strategic Meeting Presentations
- 12-16-21 | Strategic Plan - Meeting #5
- 11-04-21 | Strategic Plan - Meeting #4
- 10-28-21 | Strategic Plan - Meeting #3
- 09-23-21 | Strategic Plan - Meeting #2
- 08-18-21 | Strategic Plan - Meeting #1
Adopted Strategic Plan Goals
The Board of Trustees adopted the following three strategic planning goals during the regular board meeting on Thursday, February 10, 2022. These goals are listed below;
- Goal 1: Create learning opportunities for ALL Pre-K through 8th students resulting in closing the achievement gap and culminating in personal and academic success in high school and beyond.
- Goal 2: Reduce inequitable outcomes for ALL students and staff by prioritizing equity, access, & inclusion.
- Goal 3: Provide a safe, caring, nurturing, and culturally responsive environment for ALL students to meet the needs of the whole child.
The Superintendent is currently meeting with strategic planning sub-groups to develop a 5-year plan for the San Mateo-Foster City School District. The strategic planning sub-group committees are listed below;
Addressing unequal discipline
Achievement monitoring & data
Culturally responsive curriculum & practices
Creating district-wide Multi-tiered Systems of Supports (MTSS)
English Language Arts
English Language Development
Equity analysis & accountability for outcomes
Inclusion for children with special needs
LGBTQ+ inclusion, safety, & empowerment
Student & Staff mental health
SEL & Safe School Climate
The district will update our families and stakeholders via our monthly district newsletter, to subscribe, visit our Newsletters webpage.