Throughout the school year, the media may visit your school to cover special events. The San Mateo-Foster City School District is known for its outstanding and talented students, and from time to time the District would like to publicize its achievements. Due to these events and interviews being almost always needed on a spur-of-the-moment basis, we are requesting parental permission for the 2022-2023 school year rather than on a case-by-case basis.
The San Mateo-Foster City School District may also wish to use your child’s photograph, voice, or student work for promotional and educational reasons, such as in publications, posters, brochures, and newsletters; on the district website; or at community fairs or other special events. The district will not use any media for political campaigning purposes, as per Ed. Code § 7054. Before your child’s photograph or voice can be used by the media or by the District, you must give your permission.
Please Note: This form does not cover the publication of student yearbooks. To exclude your child from the student yearbook publication, please contact your school office.
PARENT PERMISSION TO SEEK MEDICAL CARE
You authorize the school to obtain medical care for your child, as specified in the Parent/Guardian Rights, in an emergency. You understand that the San Mateo-Foster City School District, its employees and its Board assume no liability of any nature in relation to the transportation or treatment of said minor. You further understand that all costs of paramedics, transportation, hospitalization and any examination, X-rays or treatment provided in this authorization shall be your responsibility.
DIRECTORY INFORMATION RELEASE
Directory Information may be released pursuant to this policy and District regulations. “Directory Information” is defined as any or all of the following:
- Pupil’s full name and any nicknames
- Names of pupil’s parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Mailing address, including e-mail address or e-mail address of parent(s)
- Home telephone number
- Date of birth
- Classroom or homeroom
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance or enrollment at school
- Degrees and awards received
- The name of the public or private school from which a pupil was promoted
Any information constituting Directory Information within the meaning of this Board Policy may be released only as authorized by State and Federal law, and additionally may be released upon the Superintendent’s or Principal’s discretion to any of the following:
- the Parent-Teacher Association of the school upon their request;
- the Education Foundation upon their request
- The local public library system for the purposes of issuing a library card to our students
- the parent(s) or guardian(s) of other students currently enrolled in the school of attendance for the purposes of creating class lists, a classroom directory
- persons who attend school events, to the extent that release of student names and addresses is relevant to the nature of the event, such as in a program or cast list
- appropriate law enforcement personnel in the regular performance of their duties upon their request for the purposes of calling parents, accessing schedules
- news media outlets for purposes of stories relevant to the student’s recent achievements, performances, honors, or athletics upon their request.