Resources for EL Families
Multilingual Learner families have access to many different resources in our district. Please read the Family & Community Partnerships Guide 2023-24 for more information or read the summary below:
1. English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC):
The ELAC is a group of parents who support school goals around multilingual learners. You can join your school's ELAC committee by contacting your school directly and asking about the dates/times for these meetings.
2. District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC):
The District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC) advices the board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for programs and services for ELs.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district goals, program and services for ELs
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any teacher or aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the LCAP.
Please go to the "DELAC and Sanctuary Task Force" page to get more information.
3. Sanctuary Task Force:
The Sanctuary Task Force is a district task force formed by parents, staff and district leaders to create a welcoming and safe environment for families of immigrant origins. Please go to the "DELAC and Sanctuary Task Force" page to get more information.
4. Parent Projects:
Our district is launching "Parent Projects" to support our multilingual learner parents and develop their leadership skills. More information coming soon.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions:
Coordinator, Family & Community Partnerships
(650) 312 - 7251