The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is an annual plan required by the State of California to detail local educational agencies' (LEAs) actions and expenditures to support socio-economically disadvantaged students, English Learners, and foster youth. It is aligned with the goals of the District's Strategic Plan.
LCAP Priority Stakeholder Survey Results
Thank you to all of our San Mateo-Foster City School District stakeholders, including staff, parents and community members for taking the time to complete our first district-wide LCAP Priority Survey. This survey provided information to sites, leadership teams, administration, and the Board of Trustees to help influence what actions and services will be defined in the LCAP, and inform choices about LCFF fund allocation. Our LCAP is an important part of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) process. The LCAP is where our district articulates our goals, needs, actions, and expenditures, as well as how we will measure our progress toward meeting those goals. Stakeholder input is a critical part of an effective, applicable LCAP.
Please review the LCAP Priority Survey Results below:
2016-2017 LCAP Stakeholder Engagement Process and Timeline
- Initial input from District and Site stakeholder groups (staff, PTA, English Learner Advisory Council, School Site Council etc.).
- Principals meet with Ed Services/Business Services to contribute to development of LCAP
- District and Principals return to consult with stakeholder groups on the plan
- Site Plans for Student Achievement (SPSA) are developed and shared with stakeholder groups then brought to School Site Council for approval
June 1, 2017
- LCAP Public Hearing
June 15, 2017
- LCAP to Board of Trustees for approval
District-wide LCAP Engagement Meetings
- January 23 @ 7 pm at District Office - District PTA
- January 24 @ 6:30 pm at District Office - District Advisory Committee (DAC)/District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
- February 6th @ 3:45 at District Office - San Mateo Teachers Association
Superintendent Coffee Chats - 6:30-7:30 pm
- January 25 Brewer Island Elementary School, Foster City
- January 31 – Parkside Elementary School, San Mateo
- February 13 – George Hall Elementary School (Library), San Mateo