Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is a critical part of California’s Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF). It is a three-year, district-level plan that is updated annually. The plan describes the school district’s key goals for students as well as the specific actions (with expenditures) the district will take to achieve the goals and the means (metrics) used to measure progress.
The LCAP addresses the needs of all students, including specific student groups, and all districts must specifically address English learners, foster youth, and low-income students. In addition, the LCAP must address the state of California's eight priority areas that include student academic achievement, school climate, student access to a broad curriculum, and parent engagement. It is aligned with the goals of the District's Strategic Plan.
Thank you to the many parents, staff, and community partners who participated over the last few months in our LCAP Engagements. Your feedback on our current strategies and suggestions going forward have proved invaluable to efforts to improve our LCAP work!
Board Approved 2019-2020 Local Control Accountability Plan 6-20-19
LCAP 2020-2021 stakeholder engagement - partner with us
Join your school community & district leaders to:
- Review our district LCAP progress,
- Reflect on the ROOT causes of that progress, and
- Recommend district improvement strategies
LCAP 2020 Family & Community Engagement Meetings:
- February 12 - Bayside Middle School, 2025 Kehoe Ave, San Mateo at 6:00 PM
- February 26 - Abbott Middle School, 600 36th Ave., San Mateo at 6:00 PM
- March 3 - Bowditch Middle School, 1450 Tarpon St., Foster City at 6:00 PM
- CANCELLED - March 10 - North Central Community at College Park, 715 Indian Ave., San Mateo at 6:00 PM - Meeting will be conducted in Spanish with English translation
- March 24 - Special Education District Advisory Committee (SEDAC), at the District Office, 1170 Chess Dr., Foster City at 7:00 PM
- April 21 - North Central Community at College Park, 715 Indian Ave., San Mateo at 6:00 PM - Meeting conducted in Spanish with English translation
Families may attend any session with translation services and child care available.
2020 FEEDBACK Survey Coming Soon!
ARCHIVE: 2019-2020 LCAP ENGAGEMENT
Thank you for your feedback on the draft strategies and actions for the 2019-20 LCAP!
Here is our timeline for getting final feedback and completing the 2019-2020 LCAP.
- Board LCAP Public Hearing of Final Draft, June 6, 2019
- Board Approval of LCAP, June 2, 2019
FEEDBACK - NOTES
As promised, we are posting the input that we received at our engagements; you will see notes from each engagement.
Here’s how to “read” the notes:
- Remember that we broke up into Literacy, Math, and Wellness groups. For each engagement, you will see each group’s suggested strategies. Scroll down to see all 3 groups.
- In the notes, the 1st column is a record of the strategies the group brainstormed but then did not prioritize.
- The 2nd column is a record of the strategies the group did prioritize (with sticky dots).
- The 3rd column is the response of District leadership to those prioritized strategies. Typically the District response was to re-write the suggestion in “LCAP language” that we will then consider for the upcoming 19-20 LCAP draft.
LCAP Engagement Suggested Strategies by Meeting:
- Abbott Complex - March 6, 2019
- Bayside Complex - January 1, 2019
- Borel Complex - February 20, 2019
- Bowditch Complex - February 6, 2019
- Classified Staff - March 12, 2019
- DAC-DELAC - March 14, 2019
- North Central Spanish - February 27, 2019
- North Central English - February 27, 2019
- Special Education Meeting - May 9, 2019
- Teacher Meeting @ Baywood - February 11, 2019
- Teacher Meeting @ District Office - February 13, 2019
ARCHIVE: 2018-2019 LCAP Stakeholder Engagement Process and Timeline
- Initial input from District and Site stakeholder groups (staff, PTA, English Learner Advisory Council, School Site Council etc.)
- Principals meet with Ed Services/Business Services to contribute to the development of LCAP
- LCAP Survey Available Mid-February
District-wide LCAP Engagement Meetings
- January 30 - Bayside Middle School – 2025 Kehoe Ave, San Mateo
- Bayside Academy, College Park, LEAD, North Shoreview & Parkside
- February 6 – Bowditch Middle School – 1450 Tarpon St, Foster City
– Audubon, Bowditch, Brewer Island, Foster City
- February 20 – Borel Middle School - 425 Barneson Ave, San Mateo
– Baywood, Borel, Highlands, Sunnybrae, San Mateo Park
- February 27 – North Central Community - College Park – 715 Indian Ave, San Mateo
– Meeting will be conducted in Spanish with English translation
- March 6 – Abbott Complex – 600 36th Ave, San Mateo
– Abbott, Beresford, Fiesta Gardens, George Hall, Laurel, Meadow Heights
Teacher Engagement Meetings
- February 11 – Baywood Elementary School, 3:30-5:30 pm
- February 13 - District Office, 2:00-4:00 pm
- District and Principals return to consult with stakeholder groups on the plan
- Site Plans for Student Achievement (SPSA) are developed and shared with stakeholder groups then brought to the School Site Council for approval
- DAC/DELAC - LCAP Questions to the Superintendent with Responses
June 7, 2019
- LCAP Public Hearing
June 21, 2019
- LCAP to Board of Trustees for approval
ARCHIVE: LCAP Priority Stakeholder Survey Results 2016-2017
Thank you to all of our San Mateo-Foster City School District stakeholders, including staff, parents and community members for taking the time to complete our first district-wide LCAP Priority Survey. This survey provided information to sites, leadership teams, administration, and the Board of Trustees to help influence what actions and services will be defined in the LCAP, and inform choices about LCFF fund allocation. Our LCAP is an important part of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) process. The LCAP is where our district articulates our goals, needs, actions, and expenditures, as well as how we will measure our progress toward meeting those goals. Stakeholder input is a critical part of an effective, applicable LCAP.
Please review the LCAP Priority Survey Results below: