Enrollment Procedures for Fee Based Preschool
The SMFCSD Child Development programs provide a nurturing, safe and stimulating educational environment for children. Each child is given the opportunity to grow and learn through positive experiences that foster social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
We recognize and respect that each child brings to school a unique rate of development, a desire to learn and diverse language and cultural experiences. Our programs are designed with consideration of the specific needs and differences of the children. Children are enrolled without regard to sex, race, religion, ethnicity or physical disability. Children, 3 years old by the school year attending, may be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Half day, morning preschool program hours - 8:30 am - 12:00 noon
- Half day, George Hall program hours - 8:15 am - 12:00 noon
- Extended day, George Hall program hours - 8:15 am - 3:00 pm
- Extended day preschool program hours - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Classrooms follow the K-5 school site calendar and are open 180 days per year.
- Children entering preschool for the 2021 - 2022 school year must be 3 years old by September 1, 2021
- Children entering preschool for the 2022 - 2023 school year must be 3 years old by September 1, 2022
ALL CHILDREN MUST BE FULLY POTTY TRAINED AND BATHROOM INDEPENDENT PRIOR TO ATTENDING OUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM. DIAPERS AND PULL-UPS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Class Placements: Class placements are always tentative for the start of the school year and may need to be changed if there are changes in enrollment during the first week of school. Class assignments are finalized by the end of the second week of school.