Pre-Qual for Projects Over $1M
SMFCSD requires pre-qualifications of Bidders on contracts over $1,000,000.00. In addition to completing the online pre-qualification form, the following are additional pre-qualification requirements. These items will be uploaded at the end of your online application.
Who is Required to Pre-Qualify?
This applies to the following license classifications:
General Contractors (A and B)
Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46)
How to Pre-Qualify?
The San Mateo Foster City School District shall process all prequalification applications at QualityBidders.com. QualityBidders is a web-based online application, fast, simple, safe and easy to use. For instructions on how to prequalify via QualityBidders.com, please click here.
Because SMFCSD is unique and hopes that we will establish a successful working relationship and exceptional performance from our Contractors, the District requires additional information to the pre-qualification online application. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Read the Supplemental Pre-qualification Questionnaire on the District’s website and submit documents along with your application at QualityBidders.
- Read the Contractor Instruction how to sign-up at QualityBidders.
- Sign up at www.qualitybidders.com website (at no charge) and submit your pre-qualification application online.
- Once you have been approved, you will receive an email indicating your approval expiration date and limit.
If you have any questions regarding the Prequalification process transition, please contact The Facilities Department. In addition, you may also contact support@qualityBidders.com with questions regarding the website or for technical support.
Please note that the email listed on all applications contacts will be the address to which all notifications will be sent. SMFCSD will not be held be responsible if companies do not receive information due to incorrect or outdated email addresses listed on applications.
Thank you for your interest in prequalify and working with SMFCSD.
General Conctractor Supplemental Pre-qualification Questionnaire For the new foster city elementary school Project #16-120
- At any time in the last 5 years, has the General Contractor's firm, or any owners, officers or partners, been debarred, disqualified, removed or otherwise prevented from bidding on, or completing, any public works project?
- In addition to the minimum state liability insurance requirement, does the General Contractor have liability insurance with a policy limit of at least $5,000,000 per occurrence and $10,000,000 aggregate?
- The General Contractor must have been contracted for construction involving a minimum of three (3) California K-14 DSA-approved projects during the past five (5) years, each with a total contract price of $10 million or more.
- The General Contractor must provide current contact information for three (3) School District References from past School District construction projects.
- The General Contractor must submit a reviewed or audited financial statement with accompanying notes and supplemental information for the past 3 full fiscal years. A letter verifying availability of a line of credit may also be attached; however, it will be considered supplemental information only, and is not a substitute for the required audited or certified financial