LOCAL Community resources
We are fortunate to live in the Bay Area and to have many community services available. The Community Resources link below has services for food, housing, parent education, counseling, mental health services, domestic violence support, legal services, LGBTQ+, immigration, and more.
Community Resources in San Mateo County (Haga clic en el enlace abajo para información en español)
California Healthy Kids survey (chks)
Across the District, 5th and 7th grade students, and all SMFC Parents and Staff will be asked to complete the California Healthy Kids Survey. It is focused on the five most important areas for guiding schools and student improvement:
- Student connectedness, learning engagement/motivation, and attendance
- School climate, culture, and conditions
- School safety, including violence perpetration and victimization/bullying
- Physical and mental well-being and social-emotional learning
- Student supports, including resilience-promoting developmental factors (caring relationships, high expectations, and meaningful participation).
This survey is voluntary and anonymous. No names or any other identifying information is connected to the answers. Students will receive consent forms from their schools for parents to approve their participation in February.
Links to these permission forms and a sample of the survey questions will be posted here when available.
To view CHKS results for previous years click here.
If questions please contact Lori Fukumoto at firstname.lastname@example.org