The SMFCSD Emergency Response and Crisis Management Plan was developed to:
- Provide for the health and safety of students and staff during emergencies.
- Provide procedures for effective coordinated response during emergencies.
- Meet requirements of California and Federal law.
In the Event of a District Emergency
In the event of an emergency disaster, our Emergency Operations Center will be activated. We will be linked to local fire, police and medical personnel. Because of the nature of some disasters, it is important that parents are aware of the following guidelines:
- Do not call your child on a cell phone.
- For information, call the District office at (650) 312-7700. We will make every effort to have individuals available to answer your questions. In the event phones are not operating, information will be broadcast through local radio and TV stations.
- Information updates will be broadcast at regular determined intervals not more than every three hours.
- We will determine, with local emergencies agencies, the safest course of action for your child’s well-being. Sometimes, it is not safe or feasible to pick up your child where you usually pick them up.
- Please be aware that for the safety of your child, we will take precautions to make sure that your child is released with proper identification and documentation.
- Please make sure to keep your child’s emergency information up to date.
In case of emergency, civic disaster or natural event such as a power outage that might affect the operations of our schools, tune to the following radio and TV stations for the most current information:
|EMERGENCY RADIO AND TV STATIONS|
|KCBS, 740 AM (San Francisco)||(415) 765-4112||(415) 765-4080|
|KGO, 810AM (San Francisco)||(415) 954-8100||(415) 954-8686|
|KSOL 98.9 FM (Spanish)||(415) 989-5765||(415) 733-5766|
District Emergency Plan
The emergency component is a multi-hazard emergency plan with contingencies for dealing with a variety of situations. Our priorities are:
- Protect the lives of students and staff.
- Provide for the needs of survivors in a disaster.
- Provide information to students, parents, and guardians.
- Protect property.
- Restore school operations.