COMMUNITY PROGRAMS & EVENTS (NEW)Programs
- After School Programs at Foster City Park & Rec
- A.S.K. After School Program at the King Center
- AYSO Spring Programs
- Bayside Broncos Football & Cheer
- Boys & Girls Club Spring Break Camp
- Destination Science Summer Camp
- Highlands Rec Spring Camp
- Language Immersion Summer Camp
- Warriors Basketball Camp
- Youth League Tennis Registration
- Be Kind to Animals Art Contest
- Growing Up Asian in America Student Art, Essay & Video Contest
- KCB K12 Recycling Challenge
- The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe Hillsdale Drama Performance 3-8 to 3-1
San Mateo-Foster City School District
Distribution of Flyers to Students
Current District Process:
Sponsoring organization of the program or event must be non-profit (documented) and the event must be held in San Mateo or Foster City. The program or event must be appropriate for students grades K-8. City organizations (i.e. rec center, library) and other community organizations that have a standing relationship with us and the community are routinely approved.
Steps for Approval:
1. The request must be emailed to Education Services for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. A pdf. of the flyer should be attached along with a copy of the IRS Non-Profit Status letter (501(c)(3)).
2. Decision (approved or denied) is communicated to the organization by email. If approved, the following language must be added to the flyer: This event/program is not sponsored by the San Mateo-Foster City School District.
3. The school sites receive a weekly “Approved Flyer” email that includes an attachment of the approved flyers for electronic posting. Each school site has the discretion to post or not to post the flyer.
4. Instructions will be emailed to the sponsoring organization that include enrollment numbers and bundling instructions for those schools that send home hard copy flyers. The majority of our schools have gone “green” and no longer send home hard copy flyers. Middle schools do not send home flyers.