The San Mateo-Foster City School District is proud of the many accomplishments of our students and staff. There may be times during the school year when your child could be featured in materials created and used to support the District’s efforts to provide information about our schools to our community. Examples include quotes, photos or video collected during classroom activities, field trips, award ceremonies, special school events or Board Meetings, that are then used in district newsletters, press releases, brochures, school / district websites, and/or the District’s social media channels.
The District requests your permission to use (through printed, audio, visual, and/or electronic means) your student’s image or work while participating his/her education program. Your authorization will enable the District to use specially prepared materials to train teachers and/or increase public awareness and promote continuation and improvement of education programs.
Parents or guardians may opt-out of having their students’ photograph or video recording used in district materials. If you opt-out, the District will also request news media not interview your student or film/photograph your student. While the local news media typically honors such requests, the District does not have the legal authority to prevent your student from talking with media before or after school or dictating who media outlets film or photograph at public events. Permission must be give each school year and remains valid through the end of the school year. Additionally, you understand that there will be no monetary compensation for any inclusion of my child in District materials.
Please Note: This form does not cover the publication of student yearbooks. To exclude your child from the student yearbook publication, please contact your school office.
Parent Permission to Seek Medical Care
You authorize the school to obtain medical care for your child, as specified in the Parent/Guardian Rights, in an emergency. You understand that the San Mateo-Foster City School District, its employees and its Board assume no liability of any nature in relation to the transportation or treatment of said minor. You further understand that all costs of paramedics, transportation, hospitalization and any examination, X-rays or treatment provided in this authorization shall be your responsibility.
Directory Information Release
Directory Information may be released pursuant to this policy and District regulations. “Directory Information” is defined as any or all of the following:
- Pupil’s full name and any nicknames
- Names of pupil’s parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Mailing address, including e-mail address or e-mail address of parent(s)
- Home telephone number
- Date of birth
- Classroom or homeroom
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance or enrollment at school
- Degrees and awards received
- The name of the public or private school from which a pupil was promoted
Any information constituting Directory Information within the meaning of this Board Policy may be released only as authorized by State and Federal law, and additionally may be released upon the Superintendent’s or Principal’s discretion to any of the following:
- the Parent-Teacher Association of the school upon their request;
- the Education Foundation upon their request
- The local public library system for the purposes of issuing a library card to our students
- the parent(s) or guardian(s) of other students currently enrolled in the school of attendance for the purposes of creating class lists, a classroom directory
- persons who attend school events, to the extent that release of student names and addresses is relevant to the nature of the event, such as in a program or cast list
- appropriate law enforcement personnel in the regular performance of their duties upon their request for the purposes of calling parents, accessing schedules
- news media outlets for purposes of stories relevant to the student’s recent achievements, performances, honors, or athletics upon their request.