Seeking More Members for Citizen's Parcel Tax Oversight Committee
The Citizens’ Parcel Tax Oversight Committee consists of five community members who apply and are appointed by the District’s Board of Trustees to validate that the parcel tax proceeds that are spent comply with the stated purpose of the parcel tax measure.
what does the committee do?
- Reviews semi-annual expenditure reports
- Informs the public concerning the District’s expenditures of parcel tax proceeds
- Presents an annual written report to the Board of Trustees.
What is the commitment?
Persons interested can participate on the Committee for either a one-year term (2020-2021) or two-year term (2020-21 through 2021-22).
The Committee meets twice a year. The first meeting is expected to be in August 2020, 6:30 pm in the evening on the scheduled date. Due to COVID-19, all meetings will be held remotely until further notice.
who is eligible?
Committee members must be 18 years old, live within District boundaries and cannot be employees or consultants of the District.
The District is seeking members to fill the following open positions
• One (1) member shall, at the time of appointment, be active in a business organization representing the business community of the District;
• One (1) member shall, at the time of appointment, be active in a senior citizens organization.
how do I apply?
Persons interested should submit their name, phone number, term interest and affiliation/group type to Patrick Gaffney, Chief Business Official, by email, or in person at the District Office, 1170 Chess Drive, Foster City, CA 94404, by December 1, 2020.