Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Our Coronavirus web page will be updated regularly to provide the most current information and resources.
MAY 22, 2020 UPDATE TO FAMILIES FROM DR. ROSAS, SUPERINTENDENT
May 22, 2020 Message to Families including the following:
- Thank you to our Classified Staff with Resolution and thank you video
- Virtual Coffee Chat: Next Date, May 27, 7-8:30 pm (extended 30 Minutes)
- Distance Learning Survey: Currently closed pending review
- Summer Program: Limited program due to COVID-19 restrictions
- SEDAC: Invitation to participate in Workgroups, give input on draft bylaws and attend their next meeting, Tuesday, June 2, 7:00 pm
- Assistance for Families: Disaster Relief for Immigrants (English | Spanish) and Pandemic-EBT
- Save the Date:June 12, 7:00–7:15 pm for “MAKE SOME NOISE,” a multi-city celebration honoring all fifth, eighth and twelfth graders. More info coming soon.
- SMFC Education Foundation earns over $113,000 on their way to their $260,000 goal.
may 18, 2020 UPDATE to families from dr. rosas, Superintendent
- Gratitude for Certificated Staff, launch of Classified School Employee Week and related Board recognition. See Staff Appreciation web page
- Links to San Mateo County COVID-19 data and resources
- Thank you to generous donors
- Updates on free meal distribution, connections to students, summer and fall plans.
- Virtual Coffee Chat dates and link to Coffee Chat web page providing participation instructions
April 29, 2020 HEALTH ORDER, CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND MUCH MORE
May 1, 2020 Message to Staff and Families (in English and Spanish).
family resource website, Distance learning and other topics
Look for information about:
- Supporting Distance Learning from Home
- Curriculum Resources
- Technology Resources
- English Learner Support
- Special Education Resources
- Social and Emotional Health
- Enrichment and Extension Activities
- Community Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
You can find all previous updates BELOW on this webpage.
want to receive SMFCSD TEXT ALERTS?
News and information
Please consult these Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpages on the sites of these organizations for the most authoritative guidance:
- San Mateo County Health Department Website
- Health Officer Statements by County Health Office Dr. Scott Morrow
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Updated regularly by CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control - COVID-19 Videos in Español
- California Department of Public Health
- San Mateo County Health Department
- San Mateo County Office of Education
- San Mateo County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) - Subscribe for EOC COVID-19 email bulletins.
Taking care of yourself and your family
Personal protective care is one of the most effective ways to maintain good health. BrainPOP.com has several wonderful Coronavirus resources for families to visit, and of course, CDC has a wealth of information.
Do You have Non-medical Questions Questions?
San Mateo County's Emergency Operations Center provides a 24-hour a day, 7 days a week call number for non-medical questions. Dial 2-1-1. You can also txt “coronavirus” to 211211 for updates.
previous SMFCSD Coronavirus (covid-19) updates to FAMILIES
Below are the previous updates sent to SMFCSD families via email from our SchoolMessenger system.
April 23, 2020 Message to Families of Students Receiving Special Education Services (English and Spanish). Distance Learning, Phase II - Special Education - Extension of Prior Written Notice.
April 22, 2020 Message to Families, SMFC Education Foundation's Campaign to Close the Digital Divide
April 21, 2020 Message to Families, Distance Learning Phase II Resources including Curriculum Content “Placemats," Family Resources Distance Learning Website and Technology Resources and Student/Family Help Request Form. Download Placemats by grades:
April 15, 2020, Message to Families of Students Receiving Special Education Services, message coming soon.
- April 14, 2020, Message to Families in English and Spanish with details on the topics below. Please read full message.
- Chromebook/hotspot Distribution Instructions (English | Spanish)
- Essential Worker Childcare Survey (English | Spanish)
- Free Meal Distribution Through June 30, 2020 (English | Spanish}
- Quick Message to Families with Children Who Receive Special Education Services
- Thank you to the San Mateo Public Libraries
- April 7, 2020, SMFCSD Campuses Will Stay Closed for Remainder of School Year, Message to Staff and Families
- April 3, 2020, Spring Break Message to Families (English | Spanish). Includes Distance Learning Phase II Details, Frequently Asked Questions about Distance Learning and other topics, Spring Break, Health and Wellness, Housing and other resources for families.
- April 2, 2020, Distance Learning Update to the Board of Trustees
- March 31, 2020, Message to Staff and Families, State Superintendent Describes School Closures for Remainder of Year and County Health Extends Shelter in Place
- March 27, 2020, Message to Staff and Families, Extended Free Meals and Community Resources Document
- March 25, 2020, Message to Families - Bay Area Schools Closed through May 1, 2020
- March 18, 2020, Coronavirus Update to Families - Counseling Services and Distance Learning
- March 17, 2020, Special Education Services
- March 16, 2020, District Communication Regarding Shelter in Place Order
- March 16, 2020, Shelter in Place Order by Six Bay Area County Health Officers
- March 15, 2020, 6 pm, Reminder to complete "URGENT: SMFCSD Parent Survey"
- March 15, 2020, 5 pm, School is CLOSED beginning Monday, 3/16/20 through spring break, Friday, April 17. Free Meals will continue for all students, distributed at four site. Please read this 3/15/20 update.March 12, 2020, 10 pm, Board of Trustees Approves Transition to Distance Learning
- March 12, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- March 8, 2020
- March 6, 2020, 6 pm
- March 6, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- February 27, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- January 28, 2020