Community Input on School Finance Sought through Town Hall Meetings & Online Survey
The San Mateo-Foster City School District will hold four Town Hall Meetings in December regarding school finance. Our District is chronically underfunded and currently experiencing a structural deficit caused by increased pension liability, escalating costs of doing business and the loss of $7 million in parcel tax funds last year, we are concerned that any proposed cuts will negatively affect outcomes for our students. Raising revenues would require a new parcel tax. We invite our community to share ideas related to the District's fiscal deficit at our Town Hall meetings.Town Hall Meetings - 6:30-7:30 pm:
• Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at Abbott Middle School
- 600 36th Avenue, San Mateo
• Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at Bowditch Middle School
- 1450 Tarpon Street, Foster City
• Thursday, December 14, 2017 at Borel Middle School
- 425 Barneson Avenue, San Mateo
• Monday, December 18, 2017 at Bayside Academy
- 2025 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo
For those who cannot attend a Town Hall meeting, please share your thoughts and perspectives by completing an online survey.
For additional information, see the Superintendent's Fiscal Advisory Committee page.