Join us on Wednesday, December 13th from 6:30-7:30 at Bowditch Middle School for our next Town Hall Meeting.
The San Mateo-Foster City School District will hold four Town Hall Meetings in December regarding school finance. Our District is chronically underfunded and currently experiencing a structural deficit caused by increased pension liability, escalating costs of doing business and the loss of $7 million in parcel tax funds last year, we are concerned that any proposed cuts will negatively affect outcomes for our students. Raising revenues would require a new parcel tax.
We invite our community to share ideas related to the District's fiscal deficit at our Town Hall meetings.
Four Town Hall Meetings will be held in December on the following dates from 6:30-7:30 pm:
• Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at Abbott Middle School
- 600 36th Avenue, San Mateo
• Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at Bowditch Middle School
- 1450 Tarpon Street, Foster City
• Thursday, December 14, 2017 at Borel Middle School
- 425 Barneson Avenue, San Mateo
• Monday, December 18, 2017 at Bayside Academy
- 2025 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo
For those who cannot attend a Town Hall meeting, we will have an online survey for gathering information that will be opened in December. We hope you are able to attend one of our meetings or participate in the survey to share your thoughts and perspectives.For additional information, see the Superintendent's Fiscal Advisory Committee page.