The following documents and forms are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District.
- Proof of Student’s Age: Student's certified birth certificate, passport, duly attested baptismal certificate, certified statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth. When none of the foregoing documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian.
- Child's original, up-to-date immunization record - http://www.shotsforschool.org/
- Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry
(encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
- Parent/Guardian current photo identification - current California State Driver License, current California State ID Card or Valid Passport or Consulate Issued Picture ID, or other photo identification.
- Proof of district residency - One original, current proof of district residency is required from the list below:
- Declaration of District Residency
- Current property tax bill
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, child name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Voter Registration
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, landline telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV)
- Correspondence with a government agency
- Bill or correspondence must be dated within the past 60 days.
Please note: all registration documents need to be current and up-to-date in order to be processed by the school of assignment. School office contact information sheet
Students must be physically living with their parent/guardian within district boundaries at the time of registration (AP 5111/Education Code 48200). Ownership of real property within the district does not in and of itself constitute residency.