The following documents and forms are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District.
- Proof of Student’s Age: Student's certified birth certificate, passport, duly attested baptismal certificate, certified statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth. When none of the foregoing documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian.
- Child's original, up-to-date immunization record - http://www.shotsforschool.org/
- Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry
(encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
- Parent/Guardian current photo identification - current California State Driver License, current California State ID Card or Valid Passport or Consulate Issued Picture ID, or other photo identification.
- Proof of residency - One ORIGINAL and current proof of residency is required from each of the following groups:
- Current property tax bill
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, child name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Voter Registration
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, landline telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV),
- Bill must be dated within the past 60 days. New residents will have 30 days following enrollment to bring a utility bill.
- Correspondence with a government agency.
Please note: all registration documents need to be current and up-to-date in order to be processed by the school of assignment. School office contact information sheet
If both the student and the parent are living in a home where the parent's name does not appear on the proof of residence, both the parent and the person with whom the parent/child resides must sign an Affidavit of Residence. The homeowner/lease holder must submit two original proofs of residency (one from each group listed above), and show a picture ID in person. The parent is then required to submit one additional original proof of residency in their name within 30 days. A renewed Affidavit and proof of residency may be required each subsequent year.
Students must be physically living with their parent/guardian within district boundaries at the time of registration (AP 5111/Education Code 48200). Ownership of real property within the district does not in and of itself constitute residency.