The following documents and forms are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District. Please bring all original documents for verification and one set of copies of all documents and forms when you register.
Please note: all registration documents need to be current and up-to-date in order to receive a snapcode.
- Child’s original birth certificate or passport
- Child's original, up-to-date immunization record - http://www.shotsforschool.org/
- Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry
(encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
- Parent identification - driver license or other photo I.D.
- Proof of residency - One ORIGINAL and current proof of residency is required from each of the following groups:
- Current property tax bill
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, child name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV),
- Bill must be dated within the past 60 days. New residents will have 30 days following enrollment to bring a utility bill.
If both the student and the parent are living in a home where the parent's name does not appear on the proof of residence, both the parent and the person with whom the parent/child resides must sign an Affidavit of Residence. The homeowner/lease holder must submit two original proofs of residency (one from each group listed above), and show a picture ID in person. The parent is then required to submit one additional original proof of residency in their name within 30 days. A renewed Affidavit and proof of residency may be required each subsequent year.
Students must be physically living with their parent/guardian within district boundaries at the time of registration (BP 5111/Education Code 48200). Ownership of real property within the district does not in and of itself constitute residency.