Students New to the SMFCSD for 2021-2022
- Kindergarten is required registration for those residing within the boundaries of Beach Park and wish to enter the District for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is optional registration. Beach Park does not offer TK, so TK students that register at Beach Park will be overflowed (placed temporarily at another school) for the 2021-2022 school year. They will return to Beach Park for Kindergarten in 2022-2023.
- New students for 2021-2022 in grades 1-4 must register at the historic school of assignment in Foster City. They may request a transfer to Beach Park. Students in the Beach Park attendance area have priority entrance into Beach Park depending on space available.
Students Currently Enrolled (2020-2021) in the SMFCSD
For 2021-2022: Submit an online transfer request, selecting Beach Park.
- Those who live within the boundaries of Beach Park Elementary School in Foster City will receive neighborhood priority.
- Please note: a transfer can only be granted if there is space available.
- Plan to attend the current school of assignment unless you receive communication that your transfer request to attend Beach Park Elementary has been granted and you have accepted the offer.
- Priority entrance for those living within the boundary of the new school.
- Limited number of classrooms, grades K-4, will be opened for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Siblings: if your Kindergarten-aged child for the 2021-2022 school year will have a concurrently enrolled sibling at the historic Foster City elementary school of assignment, your Kindergarten-aged child may attend the historic Foster City elementary school of assignment, no transfer needed.
- PLEASE NOTE: the Aeries online pre-registration system will assign Beach Park as the school of assignment based on your address of residence. Please contact the Beach Park office staff once you have completed and submitted the new student pre-registration form for the next steps.
- 2020-2021 school year: The temporary location for the new school will be housed at Bowditch Middle School. The new school’s classes of students and their teachers, as well as the Principal and other support staff, will be relocated from their classrooms at the temporary location to the new school once it is ready for occupancy which, at this time, is projected to be between October 2020 and January 2021.