SMFCSD NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District (SMFCSD)!
We are excited to welcome you to our schools and help guide you through the process of registering your child. The information on this page explains the process to register a new student for the 2021-2022 school year in grades TK-8.
The 2021-2022 new student registration process begins on January 11, 2021. The link to the online pre-registration form will become available at 12:00 pm (noon) on this page on that date.
AGE & GRADE LEVEL ELIGIBILITY
For the 2021-2022 school year, students are eligible to enter:
Kindergarten if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2021
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if they have reached 5 years of age on or between September 2 – December 2, 2021
Students who do not turn 5 by December 2, 2021 are not eligible to enter Kindergarten or TK for the 2021-2022 school year.
the steps to register are
STEP 1: Determine your child’s school of assignment based on your address of residence
- To find your child’s school of assignment: www.smfcsd.net > Registration / Enrollment & Transfers > School Assignments
STEP 2: Collect all required registration documents
- Required registration documents must be complete and up-to-date in order to be accepted by the school office.
STEP 3: Complete the Aeries Online New Student Pre-Registration Form
The form opens on this page of the District website at 12:00 pm (noon) on Monday, January 11, 2021
The form will be available in the upper-right corner of this page if viewing on a desktop or tablet; at the bottom of the page if viewing on a mobile phone or small tablet
STEP 4: Submit all required registration documents (document upload in Aeries online pre-registration form or email to the school of assignment) to complete the registration process.
- Submit the required registration documents via the document upload available in the Aeries online pre-registration form. Alternatively, you may email (scan or photo) the required registration documents to the office staff of the school of assignment.
- The office staff of the school of assignment will review and verify the required registration documents.
- The Priority Registration window will open on January 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon) and close on Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon).
- School sites will continue to accept new student registrations after Priority Registration has ended on January 29. Those registrations are not considered to have priority.
- Registration is considered complete only after you have completed document verification in Step #4.
- Step #4 must be completed by 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday, January 29 in order to be considered within priority.
- The Aeries online pre-registration form can be completed on any internet-enabled device (cell phone, tablet, laptop, computer).
- If your school of assignment does not have a TK program, your child will be placed at a school that does for their TK year and then return to their school of assignment for Kindergarten the following school year.