School Parcel Tax Exemption Application Information
Fiscal Year 2019-2020
Application Form INSTRUCTIONS
A parcel tax exemption is available to:
- Property owners who are 65 years of age or older on July 1, 2019
- Property owners' main residence is the cities of San Mateo or Foster City
- There are two ways to apply, in person or online
To apply in person
- Visit us at 1170 Chess Drive, Foster City to obtain a paper application and apply in person
- We are open from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Please bring a photocopy of your ID or Driver’s License
- Please bring your Parcel Number
To apply online
You may apply online or download a copy of the application form by clicking on the below link and following the instructions from the County Tax Collector:
If downloading and printing an application, please sign and date the form once completed.
Submit your completed application, along with a photocopy of your California Identification, Driver’s License, or Medicare Card to:
San Mateo-Foster City School District
Attn: Business Services
1170 Chess Drive
Foster City, CA 94404
For questions regarding a parcel tax exemption, please contact our Business Services Department at (650) 312-7269.
- Once an exemption has been granted, it will remain in place for the term of the parcel tax, unless there is a change in the property ownership. You do not need to reapply for an exemption every year. The exemption will also carry over for any new parcel taxes; you do not need to reapply.
- Properties that have multiple owners of 65 years of age or older, one or all can be listed on the same application.
- Applications must be received by the District Office by June 14, 2019.
Current Parcel Taxes - Measure B
For application status or questions related to Measure B, contact us at (650) 312-7269.
2018-2019 Tax Amount
Measure B – San Mateo-Foster City School District (for properties within the cities of San Mateo and Foster City limits) supports the preservation of quality education Grades K-8, by attracting and retaining qualified teachers and staff, maintaining school libraries, providing middle school art and music programs and supporting small class sizes.
$111.21 per parcel per year
Does not expire