School Parcel Tax Exemption Application Information
Fiscal Year 2018-2019
Application Form Instructions and Information
This parcel tax exemption is available to:
- Property owners who are 65 years of age or older on July 1, 2018.
- Their main residence is the cities of San Mateo or Foster City.
To apply in person - paper application are available now. To obtain an application and apply in person visit us at 1170 Chess Drive, Foster City, California.
- We are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Bring a photocopy of your ID or Driver’s License.
- Have the Parcel Number handy.
To apply online or to download a copy of the application form, click on the below link and follow the instructions:
- All applications must be signed and dated.
- Submit your application along with a photocopy of your California Identification, Driver’s License, or Medicare Card to:
San Mateo-Foster City School District
Attn: Business Services
1170 Chess Drive,
Foster City, CA 94404
Once an exemption has been granted, it will remain in place for the term of the parcel tax, unless there is a change in the property ownership. You do not need to reapply for an exemption every year.
Properties that have multiple owners of 65 years of age or older, one or all can be listed on the same application.
Applications must be received by the District Office by June 15, 2018.
For application status or questions related to Measure B, contact us at 650 312-7269.
Measure B Information
2018-2019 Tax Amount
Measure B – San Mateo-Foster City School District (for properties within the cities of San Mateo and Foster City limits) supports the preservation of quality education Grades K-8, by attracting and retaining qualified teachers and staff, maintaining school libraries, providing middle school art and music programs and supporting small class sizes.
$111.21 per parcel per year.
Does not expire.