RETURNING IN HYBRID? DOWNLOAD THE frontline health check app TODAY!
Beginning Monday, March 8, 2021, daily health screening questions must be answered by all staff coming to campus or to work at a District and parents/guardians for each student every day in Hybrid before they arrive at school. The District has licensed the Frontline Health App for staff and families to use to complete this check. If you'd like to view the questions you may review them here in English or Spanish.
covid-19 safety plan (CSP) documents
Update to COVID19 SAFETY PLAN (CSP), march 2021, middle school hybrid approved
SMFCSD will reopen our middle schools, grade 6-8 beginning on Monday, April 19, 2021. The San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE) and San Mateo County Health (SMCH) approved the updated CSP (documents below) on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Reopening Plan - Update for Middle School Reopening
- Reopening Plan for In-Person Instruction, last updated March 23, 2021 (English| Spanish coming soon). Please see highlights in blue text to see changes from the prior version. The Middle School Hybrid Plan details begin on slide #11.
Additional COVID19 CDPH Checklist for Middle School Reopening
- ADDITIONAL "COVID19 Checklist for Middle School Hybrid" For SMFCSD Middle schools only. Please see below for Elementary Checklist.
Cal/OSHA COVID19 Prevention Plan (CPP)
- Cal/OSHA COVID19 Prevention Program (CPP) - January 2021 - No change from approved version, January 2021 (below).
covid19 safety Plan (csp), february 2021
SMFCSD continues to prepare for the safe return to in-person learning. To that end, our COVID19 Safety Plan (CSP) is posted and has been submitted to the California State School Safety Team, San Mateo County Office of Education.
It has been updated to comply with California Department of Public Health's COVID-19 and Reopening In-Person Instruction & Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year, dated January 14, 2021 (also referred to as Consolidated Schools Guidance).
The CSP consists of the Cal/OSHA COVID19 Prevention Program (CPP) and the COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist. The School Guidance Checklist incorporates by reference the District's Reopening Plan for In-Person Instruction.
- Cal/OSHA COVID19 Prevention Program (CPP) - January 2021
- COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist (PLEASE NOTE: The date for the start of return to in-person learning was changed to March 8 by decision of the Board of Trustee, February 18, 2021. Please see Superintendent Update, February 19, 2021, for more information.)
- Reopening Plan for In-Person Instruction, last updated Feb 17, 2021 (English | Spanish)
COVID-19 frequently asked questions
Please see our new Frequently Asked Questions web page. We will continue to add and update questions.
district reopening Health and safety handbook, Latest update, feb 17, 2021
The updates to the SMFCSD Reopening Health and Safety Handbook, 2020-2021 on February 3, 2021 reflect California Department of Public Health "COVID-19 and Reopening In-person Instruction Framework & Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year" dated January 14, 2021. (English | Spanish)
This SMFCSD Reopening Health and Safety Handbook, 2020-2021 was originally distributed to all SMFCSD staff and families on Monday, December 21, 2020.
It will continue to be updated as new information becomes available; we recommend you use these links to the online copies to ensure that you access the most current version.
Site-specific procedures documents will be provided to families directly from school teams.
covid-19 testing resources
Please find testing information on our COVID-19 Resources web page
preparing for in-person Hybrid Model learning?
Here are some additional COVID-19 resources to help you prepare your child to return to in-person learning.
Public Agencies Supporting our Community during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please find information from public agencies providing guidance about COVID-19 on our COVID-19 Resources web page