LATEST UPDATE FROM SUPERINTENDENT ROSAS - AUGUST 12:
First Day of School is Monday, August 17. Please see NEW 2020-2021 School Calendar.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with San Mateo Elementary Teachers’ Association (SMETA) was approved by the Board of Trustees at their meeting on August 6. (Agenda Item 9.1)
School Resource Officer Contract with the San Mateo Police Department was cancelled by the Board and a series of actions requested of staff to determine the best next steps.
Special Education Snippets including recent program highlights will be in these Superintendent Updates. Special Education presented to the Board. The Special Education District Advisory Committee (SEDAC) training was held and their next meeting is August 25, 7 pm.
Resolution Authorizing a Bond Election for November 3 was passed by the Board (Agenda item 6.4).
- Attendance and Class Participation will be counted daily beginning August 17, 2020, in accordance with CA Senate Bill 98.
- Announcements and Upcoming Events
- Back-to-School Coffee Chats begin with Spanish Language Coffee Chat tomorrow, Thursday, August 13, 7 pm.
- Parent Education Events will be held tonight and tomorrow, August 12 (English) and 13 (Spanish), 5:30-6:16 pm: “Kicking Off a Successful Academic Year.” Star Vista is in partnership with SMFCSD to host these sessions
- Grab-and-Go Meals will continue during Distance Learning. Please apply now for free and reduced-price meals and read more to learn important information about this program.
- Give Your Suggestions to District Reopening Teams: Please complete this survey to share suggestions with District Reopening Teams
- SAVE THE DATE for theSMFC Education Foundation’s “LIGHTS, CAMERA, AUCTION” Gala which will be held on Friday, October 23, 7 pm. Learn how you can join the fun and/or become a sponsor.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - JULY 18, 2020: ALL SMFCSD SCHOOLS WILL BEGIN FALL SEMESTER IN FULL DISTANCE LEARNING
At the July 16, 2020 Board meeting, Trustees directed staff to begin the year in Distance Learning due to the recent escalation of COVID 19 cases and to continue in that mode through the October intercession at which time we will reevaluate health conditions. As you may have heard, on Friday, July 17, Governor Newsom also presented guidance for reopening schools this fall.
JULY 13, 2020: FALL REOPENING UPDATE
Please review the update letters sent on Monday evening, July 13, 2020. For your convenience, we also include below links to the Thursday, July 9, Fall Reopening presentation to the Board of Trustees.
July 9, 2020 Fall Presentation to the Board: (English | Spanish-coming soon)
JUNE 24, 2020: FALL REOPENING - UPDATE #2
Please review the update letters sent on Wednesday evening, 6/24/20. For your convenience, we also include below links to the Thursday, June 25, Fall Reopening Plans presentation to the Board of Trustees.
JUNE 24, 2020: FALL REOPENING UPDATE - VIDEO ACCESS CORRECTED!
Please read today's letter (English | Spanish) from Dr. Rosas. It includes a link to a video of the Fall Reopening Presentation to the Board on June 18, 2020. Click on the images below to access the videos.