2020-2021 COVID-19 UPDATES
Please see COVID-19 Update for the most recent message or Superintendent Letter.
This page lists all previous COVID-19 messages sent to SMFCSD families via email from our SchoolMessenger system. In addition, the most urgent messages were also sent with text message and/or voice calls.
not getting district messages?
If you are an SMFCSD family and are not receiving messages from our SchoolMessenger system, please contact your school's main office. Please leave your name, your student's name and a call back number.
Opt In to Get Text Messages!
If you would like to subscribe to get text messages from the District via SchoolMessenger, please text "Y" or "YES" to 67587 from a phone number that is on file with the District. (Your number needs to be in our AERIES student information system so it is recognized by SchoolMessenger. Please contact your school site if you need to update your phone numbers, or any other contact information.
The letters below include all communications from Superintendent Rosas and the District Office since COVID-19 pandemic began in winter 2020.
- FEBRUARY 19, 2021 (English | Spanish)
- FEBRUARY 5, 2021 (English | Spanish)
- JANUARY 26, 2021 (English | Spanish)
- DECEMBER 21, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- DECEMBER 18, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- DECEMBER 11, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- NOVEMBER 30, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- NOVEMBER 24, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- NOVEMBER 20, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- NOVEMBER 12, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- OCTOBER 28, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- OCTOBER 9, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- SEPTEMBER 30, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- SEPTEMBER 16, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Update to School Meal Program
- AUGUST 25, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- AUGUST 21, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Update to School Meal Program
- AUGUST 11, 2020 (English | Spanish)
- AUGUST 4, 2020 (English | Spanish) - New School Calendar, MOU with SMETA, Tech Support, Free / Reduced-price Meal Application
- JULY 23, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Update to School Meal Program
- JULY 18, 2020 (English | Spanish) - SMFCSD schools begin 2020-2021 in full-time Distance Learning
- JULY 13, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Fall Reopening Update, Online Curricula Adoptions
- JUNE 24, 2020 (English #1, #2 | Spanish #1, #2) - Fall Reopening Updates including presentation to Board of Trustees (English | Spanish}
- JUNE 19, 2020 Welcome New Families - TK / K Families (English | Spanish), Grade 1 and above (English | Spanish)
- JUNE 19, 2020 (English | Spanish) Distance Learning Phase II Survey
- JUNE 18, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Happy Summer Everyone! End of School Year Message
- JUNE 2, 2020 (English and Spanish) - Resources for Discussing Race with Our Children, End of Year Pickup and Drop off of Materials, Grading and Report Cards, Summer Program
- JUNE 1, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Reflecting on the Death of George Floyd, Supporting Social Justice - Resources to Assist Families with Conversations about Race (English | Spanish)
- MAY 22, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Classified Staff Appreciation Resolution and video, SEDAC Next meeting, Workgroups and bylaws, Assistance for Families: Disaster Relief for Immigrants (English | Spanish) and Pandemic-EBT, SMFC Education Foundation update
- MAY 18, 2020 (English | Spanish) - Certificated Staff Appreciation Resolution and video, COVID-19 Updates
- MAY 15, 2020 (English | Spanish) - CA Disaster Relief for Immigrants (DRAI) - Applications open Monday, May 18
- MAY 1, 2020 - Shelter in Place Extended, Construction Projects, Distance Learning, Grading and Promotion, Counseling and Other announcements
- APRIL 23, 2020 COVID-19 Update - Distance Learning, Phase II - Special Education - Extension of Prior Written Notice
- APRIL 22, 2020 COVID-19 Update - SMFC Education Foundation's Campaign to Close the Digital Divide
- APRIL 21, 2020 COVID-19 Update - Distance Learning Phase II Resources
- APRIL 15, 2020, COVID-19 Update to Families of Students Receiving Special Education Services
- APRIL 14, 2020, COVID-19 Update
- APRIL 7, 2020, COVID-19 Update - SMFCSD Campuses Will Stay Closed for Remainder of School Year
- APRIL 3, 2020, Spring Break Message to Families (English | Spanish). Includes Distance Learning Phase II Details, Frequently Asked Questions about Distance Learning and other topics, Spring Break, Health and Wellness, Housing and other resources for families.
- APRIL 2, 2020, Distance Learning Ph II Presentation to the Board of Trustees
- MARCH 31, 2020, COVID-19 Update - School Closures for Remainder of Year and County Health Extends Shelter in Place
- MARCH 27, 2020, COVID-19 Update
- MARCH 25, 2020, Coronavirus Update - Bay Area Schools Closed through May 1, 2020
- MARCH 23, 2020 Coronavirus Update - Distance Learning, Free Meals and Community Resources
- MARCH 18, 2020, Coronavirus Update
- MARCH 17, 2020, Special Education Services Prior Written Notice and Procedural Safeguards English | Spanish
- MARCH 16, 2020, District Communication Regarding Shelter in Place Order, includes Shelter in Place Order by Six Bay Area County Health Officers
- MARCH 15, 2020, 6 pm, Reminder to complete "URGENT: SMFCSD Family Survey"
- MARCH 15, 2020, 5 pm, School is CLOSED beginning Monday, 3/16/20 through spring break, Friday, April 17. Free Meals will continue for all students, distributed at four sites.
- MARCH 12, 2020, 10 pm, Board of Trustees Approves Transition to Distance Learning
- MARCH 12, 2020
- MARCH 9, 2020
- MARCH 8, 2020
- MARCH 6, 2020, 6 pm
- MARCH 6, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- February 27, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- January 28, 2020