The San Mateo-Foster City School District offers before and after school child care at all schools in the District. The Annex program is available from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm during the school year and most breaks. The Annex provides a safe environment where students can receive homework support, participate in organized group activities and enjoy a variety enrichment opportunities.
- K-5th Annex Overview
- 6th-8th Clubhouse Overview
- K-5th Kuai Le Annex Overview
For more information regarding specific school site programs, please contact the Children’s Annex at (650) 312-7706.
Our before and after school programs for Kindergarten through 5th grade students are on-site at each of the elementary schools in the District. We offer educational and enrichment activities. Children enrolled at the school may attend the Annex on that school site provided space is available. Our staff is carefully selected, professional and highly qualified. Children’s Annex teachers have BA’s, AA’s or Certificates in Early Childhood Education. Most of our Instructional Assistants are college students. Our programs are a balance between structured and self-initiated activities that are age appropriate and reflect the children’s interests and the staff’s talents and expertise. The Annex makes learning fun!
Four Basic Program Components
- Planned group activities include a variety of arts and crafts, dramatic play and theatre games, storytelling, cooking, science projects and other enrichment activities.
- Students enjoy exploring using our hand-held microscope, telescope and digital camera.
- Free choice activities include board games, individual art projects, puzzles, library books, educational computer games and more.
- Planned group sports, as well as free choice activities, are provided with appropriate sports equipment.
- Adults instruct and participate in our various sports activities.
- Homework support is offered every day and is an important part of our Annex program.
- Annex staff communicates closely with classroom teachers and parents about assignments, expectations and relevant school matters.
- A quiet area with our highly-trained staff allows students the appropriate time per grade level, suggested by District guidelines, to work on their assignments.
- Computers and the Internet are available for students to use during homework time. Each Annex is equipped with computers and appropriate educational software.
- Nutritional daily snacks are prepared and selected from two food groups. Beverages are also provided.
- Children sometimes prepare their snacks, giving them the opportunity to learn new cooking skills and enjoy our scrumptious nutrition lessons.
TAX ID# 94-3083935