快樂中文學校 Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao
(College Park Mandarin Immersion Enrichment Program)
715A Indian Ave.
San Mateo, CA 94401
Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao provides a safe, pleasant environment where children have fun, develop self esteem, make friends and participate in enrichment activities while developing their skills in Mandarin Chinese. Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao provides a balance between the academic study of Mandarin and the using of Mandarin in conversation and learning. There is no requirement that the student or parent speak any Mandarin to join this exciting program.
Four Basic Program Components我們的課程
- Planned group activities include a variety of arts and crafts, dramatic play and theater games, dancing and singing, storytelling, cooking, science projects and other enrichment activities.
- Students will enjoy Mandarin stories in our listening center. They will also have an opportunity to practice their Mandarin on computers in our classroom and in the World language Lab.
- Free choice time will include board games, puzzles, library books and other activities.
- Planned group sports as well as free choice activities are provided with appropriate sports equipment.
- Chinese games will include Chinese stick yo-yos and “tiao sheng”, a rubber band style jumping game.
- Homework time is provided daily with support in both Mandarin and English.
- A quiet area for reading or silent play is available for students who have already completed their homework.
- Nutritious snacks are selected from two food groups daily.
- Teachers and assistants will use Mandarin for all activities at Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao.
- While there is no requirement that students speak Mandarin before joining Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao, students are expected to make a serious effort to use Mandarin while participating in the program.
- The Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao staff is carefully selected, professional and highly qualified.
- All Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao staff members are fluent Mandarin speakers with a love of children and learning.
- Lead instructors have BA, AA or Certificates in Early Childhood Education.
- Assistants may be community members, college students, or very mature high school students that work well with children.
Days and Hours During the School Year上課時間
- Kuai Le Zhong Wen Xue Xiao is open from the end of the school day to 6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- We are open from 12:50-6:00pm Wednesday minimum days and parent teacher conference weeks which happen twice a year, typically the week before the intersession breaks.
Holidays, School Breaks, and Summer Vacation假日營
- We frequently offer special intersession Mandarin camps for part of the fall, spring and summer breaks. We are closed for the December break.
- The College Park Mandarin Immersion Enrichment Program is closed on all school holidays.