Welcome to the SMFCSD Math page!
Read on to find out information about our Math Programs, processes and placement for the Middle School Math Pathways.
Information about Compacted Math Assessments 2018-2019
SMFCSD Currently Enrolled 5th grade students for 6th Grade Compacted Math Placement
- All 5th Grade students in SMFC will be assessed for Compacted Math in late January/early February 2019
- Families will receive communication regarding the assessment process in early December
SMFCSD Current Enrolled 6th grade students for 7th Grade Compacted Math
- All 6th Grade students may choose to opt-in to the Bridge to 7th Grade Self-Study Guide and Assessment
- Students complete an Independent Study Guide and then take an assessment to determine placement in math for the following year
- Completing the guide alone does not determine placement in Compacted Math
- The self-study Guide will be shared in late January and the Assessment will be adminstered in March
- Families will receive communication regarding the assessment process and information about how to opt-in early December
Additional Information for Families New to SMFCSD How do I have my child tested for the Middle School Math Pathways if I am new to the district?
First, welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District! For new students entering 6th grade, please be sure to enroll your child at their neighborhood school (even if you are applying for a transfer). Families that have enrolled will be contacted with information about our testing dates.
Getting Ready for High School Mathematics?
Visit the SMUHSD Math webpage for more information on their programs.
Looking for more information about the SMFCSD Math Pathways for your middle school student?
Check out our SMFCSD Math Pathways document and video below.
Interested in the latest research on Mathematics Education?
Check out current articles right here.
Did you know SMFCSD has a Board Policy for placement in mathematics for Middle School?
Read it right here.