Welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District
Welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District’s website. Here you will find information about our 20 outstanding public schools located in San Mateo and Foster City. These 20 schools successfully educate approximately 12,000 students in preschool through eighth grades. Students are educated to high, challenging academic standards and are prepared to be socially responsible, contributing members of our community.
San Mateo-Foster City School District offers parents a choice of schools that are best suited for their children. Parents can choose from their school of assignment or one of the magnet school programs.
The San Mateo-Foster City offers Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for children born between September 2 and December 2. TK classes are located on 11 elementary school campuses - Audubon, Baywood, Brewer Island, Foster City, George Hall, Highlands, Laurel, LEAD, Meadow Heights, San Mateo Park, and Sunnybrae.
Thanks to San Mateo and Foster City voters’ support of Measure L Bond, $175 million in school facility modernization, new classrooms, and new facilities are finished or almost complete including:
- Audubon Two-Story 10 classroom building project
- Baywood Elementary multi-purpose room and 10 classroom building
- College Park Elementary School modernization increasing student capacity from 550 to 745
- Fiesta Gardens Elementary School modernization increasing student capacity from 516 to 558
- Turnbull Child Development Center modernization and new construction
- District-wide Intrusion Alarm Project at all schools
- District-wide Security Camera Project at all schools
- District-wide Security Fencing Project at all schools
- Bayside S.T.E.M. Middle School Painting Project
- George Hall Elementary School Painting Project
- LEAD Elementary School Painting Project
- Knolls Elementary ADA (American Disabilities Act) upgrades
San Mateo-Foster City School District’s teachers, staff, principals, and administrators genuinely care about the success of every child. We welcome you to our district.